ESL Services offers programs at every proficiency level to provide students, visiting scholars and professionals with high-quality English language training and opportunities to broaden their cultural awareness.
The University of Texas at Austin (UT) has supported an ESL program in the International Office since 1965. As part of the university, ESL Services provides instruction and programs that are critical to UT’s mission and equip ESL students with skills they need to succeed in their academic and professional pursuits.
We offer students a number of benefits, including:
- Highly qualified teaching staff with decades of experience;
- Small class sizes for personalized attention;
- Numerous resources for students to further their practice outside the classroom;
- Opportunities for academic growth, research, collaboration and advancement;
- Social activities that create community, build language proficiency and make you feel at home;
- Diverse student population;
- Academic and immigration advising and workshops;
- Access to UT's many libraries and facilities.
With options ranging from a few weeks to a full year, our programs include:
- Academic English Program (AEP);
- English Language Program (ELP);
- Intermediate and advanced oral communication and academic writing for UT graduate students;
- ITA preparation and support courses for international teaching assistants and assistant instructors;
- Training for teachers of English as a Second Language;
- Customized programs;
- Online courses in writing and pronunciation.