Private, state-recognized Jacobs University's central principles are:
- Excellence in the selection of students and professors, in the structuring of our syllabuses and the associated performance requirements for students and faculty,
- An international student body and faculty; internationally recognized study credits and qualifications; lessons in English,
- Trans-disciplinary teaching and research, which means cross-departmental collaboration,
- Interactive, networked teaching and learning; teaching, research, and living all unified on campus,
- Independent organization and management, high flexibility.
2001 (founded with the support of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen, the University of Bremen, and Rice University, Houston, Texas)
Free Hanseatic City of Bremen, Germany.
Campus: 34 hectares; 17 km from the city center.
10 Excellent Reasons to Study Abroad at Jacobs University!
- Study Abroad in Germany in English.
- Flexible course selection across majors.
- Individual academic advising & early research involvement.
- State-of-the-art learning and laboratory facilities.
- Special courses on Bremen Art & Museums and German Politics & Culture.
- Study trips to Berlin, Brussels, St. Petersburg and more.
- Host family program & German language courses.
- Orientation program and peer student advising.
- Culturally diverse community of more than 100 nations.
- Residential campus: single rooms, full board, 24-hour security.