Ministry of National Education (Romania) strongly promote the image of Romanian education system abroad. Many international students, especially from developing countries, enter Romanian universities and colleges every year. According to UNESCO Institute for Statistics their number is close to 24,5 thousands.
Romania offers people who wants to get higher education in Europe a lot of advantages:
- Entering university is relatively easy – the admission is based on application file selection without entrance exam. Applicants do not have to qualify their level of English proficiency by passing IELTS or TOEFL tests
- Most of Romanian higher education institutions are public what makes tuition fees are very affordable – 2–5 thousands EUR per year averagely. Expenses such as price of books and educational materials are already included in this sum
- Living costs are lower than in most EU countries
- All international students have the Work Permit during their studies period and can apply for its extension after graduation
- The quality of Romanian higher education is internationally recognized. Achieving a degree in Romanian university can be a first step to continuing studies in any other EU country